domingo, 18 de junio de 2017

UNFORTUNATELY, LAST POST

Electrical energy is a form of energy created by the movement of electrons.
Most of the electricity is made from power plants that burn fossil fuels to create steam. The main type of fuel used is coal, because it allows large amounts of electricity to be produced in one place.
There are other ways of generating electricity by using natural resources that can be replaced or renewed without harming the environment or contributing to the greenhouse effect.  Using water (Hydropower), the waves (Tidal),  the Sun (Solar energy), the wind (eolic energy), the rubbish (biomass energy)  and the heat of the earth (geothermal energy) we can produce energy.

Some innovations nowadays would be the electric cars.  Electric cars get power from the rechargeable batteries installed inside the car. These batteries are not only used to power vehicles but also used for the functioning of wipers and lights. A famouse brand are the Tesla but they are very expensive.

Another of the innovations are robots that install solar panels. Robots are cool, and they happen to be a lot better than people at doing repetitive tasks that require a high level of precision. So if we're going to build massive solar power farms we can reduce costs and do it faster with the help of our robotic friends. We can even have robots wash the panels and mirrors!

Now I will tell you some advices that could help you reduce the amount of energy. this one maybe is the most common but it’s efficiently. This one is to change your bulbs into leds. At the beginning in my house we had bulbs that were of 220 W, which it’s a lot, and now we have ones of 5 W.
You could also install in your house a programmable thermostat. Like this it only heats the water during the hours that you need it.
Another tip would be to turn off your devices instead of leave them in standby.

My group and I have decided to make a solar oven. The solar oven is an artifact that allows cooking food using the energy of the sun. It is basically  a thermally insulated space, designed to capture as much sunlight as possible to transform it into useful heat and keep it inside to prepare food.
Here in this picture we can see the Solar Oven that my group and I have made. We’ve used cardboard to make the wings and the small box inside. Then we’ve used wood to make the outer box and aluminium paper to wrap the wings and the small box. To isolate the two boxes we’ve used sand. Do to this the box is really heavy.

IMG_8241.JPGIMG_8244.JPG


Well, i think I said that in one of my posts but I love to do projects in which we have to use the workshop. I don’t enjoy a lot making the planning, sketch and all this stuff, but I enjoy a lot making what I’ve created or invented so it’s worth. I also have fun and I learn a lot when we do Kahoots. I know some people get a bit sad if they don’t win but you don’t have to because you’ve learned what is wrong and what is right so the next time you’ll have a better mark. I say this because this happened to me. One day I arrived to class and we had to do a Kahoot. I didn’t get good results but I learned a lot. The next time that I did one I revised a bit before what I had wrong and in that one I was the winner in the first position. I also liked to use the Scratch I did a project with my friend about the sustainable tourism in “Sa Dragonera”, and we had the opportunity to go the the UIB exhibit it.
During this whole year, this is what if enjoyed the most and I think what I’ve liked less is maybe making the Written Project. But this year I’ve had lots of fun.
Another thing I should mention is the things the teachers and maybe the students should improve. I think that the teachers should let the students take sometimes, depending on the conditions, take the project to their houses. Also I think that the students should have to be more responsible and bring the materials. To end the things we should improve is maybe the organisation of the last term. What I Would do would be to make the Solar project at the beginnings of the third term and end the term making exercises, Kahoots, blog posts… in order to use as much the workshop.

This year we’ve used several software programs such as: Kahoot, Mindomo, Scratch, Edpuzzle, in my case Wix (in order to make the webpage about plastic)… The ones that I like the most are: Kahoot, Edpuzzle and Wix. Kahoot because as I said before I learn a lot without being in my house reading a book a hundred times. Edpuzzle because I like to learn without a book and a video is a good way to catch my attention and also the questions that it makes to you it makes me focus more in order to answer correctly. Finally, Wix. I like this program because it has good  and variate templates that are easy to edit. Talking about this my teacher of Spanish told us to make a project about literature in which we could use program we wanted and I did a web page. I think she is going to like it a lot!

Now I am a bit sad because next year I will do fourth of ESO and I’ve choosed the scientific branch in British and German, because I’ve been doing it since first of ESO. I think that technology should be obligatory. I have lots of fun making projects. I will miss that…

Good bye Technology😕


Bibliography:



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario